Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 2009 Town and country that has a wierd startng

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Town and country that has a wierd startng problem. Every once in a while the starter merely clicks, one click. Repeated efforts, sometimes as many as 20 efforts will eventually get it on. I've had three starters put into it and still have the problem It seems to happen more often when its moist. The dealer tells me there is nothing in the solid state circuitry that can cause this problem, and all the hard wire connections check secure.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

What is a model "slow and go" and what engine is in this? If it has a starter relay, was that replaced?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok I see town and country, but which engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V6
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Which v6? There was the 3.3l, the 3.8l and 4.0l.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.81
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I looked it up for the 3.8, although they are all 3 probably the same and found a starter relay. Check the connections at this starter relay and wiggle the relay to see if it's loose in the socket. If all ok, go ahead and replace it. Autozone has one for $13.99, http://www.autozone.com/batteries-starting-and-charging/relay-starter/chrysler/town-country-2wd/2009/6-cylinders-1-3-8l-sfi-ohv?filterByKeyWord=starter+rlay&fromString=search

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Did you replace the relay?