FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 C. While driving down the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 C. While driving down the interstate at 65 mph the cars rpm dropped to zero and couple seconds it came right back. Happened 4 times on my way to dealership. Mechanic couldn`t find anything wron with vehicle. No codes! Mechanic thought it might be fuel pump but didnt know for sure due to no codes. This has happen several times over a 3 month period. Several different mechanics have looked at it and say - no codes no problem. If you are certified CHRYSLER auto tech and no what the problem is due to other chrysler 300 acting same way i would gladly pay for your time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. When you say that the rpm dropped to 0 does the engine continue to run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's like it has no gas and then few seconds later it jumps and takes off
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It sounds like you have an issue with a failing crank position sensor. I have seen this fail frequently on this engine and cause this without any sort of codes coming up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mechanic wanted to put new fuel pump on but said might not be the problem. No codes can't tell what problem is. Have you dealt with problem on other cars like mine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are familiar with this problem? How much to fix? What kind of problems can I expect until I get it fixed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happens if I get this fixed and it turns out to not be the fix
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If it gets worse it is possible that the engine can stall. I have had this same problem with this vehicle and it is hard to find. The most common correction I have found is the crank sensor. The ignition switch can cause it also, but that is not as common.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will let my mechanic know your recommendation. If this doesn't fix problem do I have access to you for possible discussion on what it could be. Is this open until I'm satisfied?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Yes. We can continue no matter how long it takes. Even after you rate my service we can continue with this chat.