Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

My 2013 Chrysler Town & Country minivan makes a weird noise

Customer Question
when the steering wheel is...
My 2013 Chrysler Town & Country minivan makes a weird noise when the steering wheel is turned in either direction. Tonight, I had my wife turn the steering wheel while stationary (not moving) and it made the same noise which to mean means it isn't a wheel bearing or anything like that. It also sounds like it's coming from in front of the dash / under the hood and not in the vicinity of the front wheels.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
10/7/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 2 years ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Can you do me a favor and have your wife turn the steering wheel all the way when it makes the noise and tell me if the belt tensioner is bouncing...

Talk soon,

Brad

Hi Brad... I can do that... I assume I have to open the hood while she turns it... what am I looking for? I don't know what the belt tensioner is?

Thanks for the reply...

You will need to remove the belt plastic shield so you can see it but see the attached , it's #8. See if it's bouncing back and forth when she turns the wheel... If it does I would suggest replacing the belt and tensioner to correct your noise issues..

Glad I could help, and thank you for the positive rating.

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician