Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

04 chrysler pacifica water went in tru side trim now car

Customer Question

Hi 04 chrysler pacifica water went in tru side trim now car after shut engine off dash light stays on if i turn hazzard ligts on it turns off what can be the problem
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Water intrusion into electrical components can cause all sort of havoc by causing internal shorting , the first thing you need to do it to access the area that got wet and try and get it dried out. In most cases if you can get it dried, the problem will clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems water went by the module under driver side and dash light stays on only way it turns off is by turning hazard lights on is problem with dash unit or module
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The problem is likely with which ever one that got wet, are you able to dry it out or at least let it set long enough to dry out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dryed everything still same issue I changed modul under dash but same thing
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

And which module did you change ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes by where the brake pedal is at it has like 5 plugs that connect to it
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately that does not tell me much, I need to know the actual part that was changed and what problem that still remains.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights on dash board stays on after you turn car off only turns off with hazard lights I dryed everything still same issue
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well if you did not have this problem before it got wet then there has to be something still shorting out. Unfortunately I can not tell you what that is from here. I would suspect you have a problem with the BCM (body control module) .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats the one i changed still same thing its a plastic module from the outside
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well unfortunately I can not do much more from here, at this point I can open the question back up for you in hopes someone else may have something new to offer if you would like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read on other post about a splice by rear driver side so I have checked and its corroded can you tell me how they go connected it's wire is gray with red line on it there's 3same color come from front of car and then the other one from rear