Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have an 04 300m 3.5l with 55000 miles got codes p0340 0335

Customer Question
0129 0456 107 123 my...
I have an 04 300m 3.5l with 55000 miles got codes p0340 0335 0129 0456 107 123 my check engine light has been on for about 6 months and three days ago engine cut off while driving on freeway but restarted and ran a little rough. changed the cam position sensor and it ran smooth but after a few minutes the shut off again. after 4 cranks it started and ran fine. drove it home for 3 miles and parked. I disconnected the battery overnight to let it reset. started it in the morning and all was well. drove 8 miles to work and ran great. after work I started it no problem then at a light it stalled. I started it again and it was fine. drove for 6 miles and it suddenly revved down and wouldn't go past 2500 rpm. shut it off and checked what codes were showing and the p0016 came on and the check engine light. started it up and it drove like normal the rest of the 2 miles home. I think my timing chain might be out of alignment what do you think?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
you don't think with the mileage I have a broken timing chain?
9/30/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Jon, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, your engine has a timing belt, not a chain. The P0016 cam/crank timing misalignment is a pretty good sign the timing is off. The belts usually aren't due for replacement until 100k miles but for it to be off, you most likely have a failing water pump and or tensioner pulley. Definitely pull the timing cover and check the timing to start.

Jon
Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician