Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My 2004 Chrysler crossfire's key wont turn I just bought a

Customer Question

Hello, my 2004 Chrysler crossfire's key wont turn I just bought a key from the dealer about 2 weeks ago and both the old and new key will turn in the ignition, since this is a crossfire is it a key cylinder problem or the locking pin in the ignition switch
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is usually the Locking mechanisim and not the key cylinder. But the thing is this: In order to get the cylinder out, the key has to be able to turn. If it will not turn, then the locking mechanism will need to be replaced with a new cylinder. I probably replace those oh 2 to 3 times a year at the dealer I work at.

I hope this helps!

Chris