Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Crespo, just like on that PT cruiser we discussed with AC

Customer Question
hello Juan Crespo, just like...
hello Juan Crespo, just like to follow up on that PT cruiser we discussed with AC problem, the customer took into another dealer and they said it was the compressor no good. now, like i said before I had disconnected harness and checked for power at the
harness and there was no power. dealer ay compressor was no good. She will bring car to me to install new compressor. i will let you know. Anthony
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
9/22/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician

Anthony, the way you describe what's happening and how your customer has taken the vehicle someplace else, I don't see how I could help you solve this issue. I'll opt out so other experts may respond. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle the question back to me.

Best Regards.

Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you found no power at the compressor but the dealer did it's possible that there was another issue going on when you were looking at it. I"m assuming you were checking with the engine running and a/c on. It may have a bad pressure switch for instance that was preventing it from being powered at that time.

Let me know how it goes once the compressor is installed.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician