Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Having starting issues with 2010. TC.

Customer Question

Having starting issues with 2010. TC.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Is the issue it will not crank or not start?

Is this an intermittent or permanent issue?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if the engine will not crank the computer system will set a store a fault code and or codes. If you can scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting and post back with them I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine cranks but only very short bursts like when a posts are corrided and you try to start and the cable clamps spread and lose contact thereby stopping the crank immediately. This is how it acts. After going through this maybe 5,10,20,30 times it will finally start almost instantly. This consistently and is not intermittent.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure you maintaining voltage at the starter when this problem occurs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I dont. But the dealership said they activated the starter directly and it turned over fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Though it didnt do it before it is now throwing codes P0339 P0340 PO 335.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cam and chrankshaft index positioner
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would consider checking the cranking voltage at the starter while the problem is occurring, the starter is likely fine if it spins with direct power but that dose not mean its getting proper power. through the battery cable and or a good ground. The codes you setting are cam sensor and or cam timing codes, has the cam timing been checked?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If cam timing is off it would also cause a intermittent crank and hard start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the dealership (and I am not questioning your input. Only for your information. ) said that the engine would still crank. It just wouldnt start.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes it will crank but if the cam timing is off it could also affect the cranking speed. I would sure look into the codes further just because they are setting .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it cause the numerous little abbreviated cranks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes it sure could if the cam timing is off working against the cranking compression, The codes are not likely false codes and really should be looked into.