Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I can't jump start 1997 chrysler cirrus. light inside is on,

Customer Question

i can't jump start 1997 chrysler cirrus. light inside is on, emergency lights work. I suspect there is security jumper I need to disconnect. I think it was triggered after I jumpstarted the car once.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just want to add ... break light goes on when I turn the key.
i have the documentation for this car.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 years ago.

When jump starting, will the engine crank?

Have you checked the battery voltage prior to a jump to see if its even needed?

A good battery will have 12.6 volts.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there was no crank before.
battery is good.
change the fuse (15) at slot 8 (fuel injection) - now can hear the engine crank. But still the engine doesn't start.
Now, i am not sure why I have fuse 15 in slot 8. According to the documentation and fuse diagram is should be 20.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just to make it more clear
I changed the fuse 15 at slot 8 and crank appeared. But the engine still doesn't start.
All fuses 10 looked good. All fuses 20 looked like not burnt. But I can change all of them to be sure.
I just need to buy fuses 20 tonight.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i really want to change fuse for abs but I don't know if it is an issue if there is crank sound now.

There is no need to swap fuses out if they are good tested with a test light or volt ohm meter. Since it cranks now you now need to see what is missing, fuel pressure, ignition spark and injector pulse, can you check those.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris