Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I replaced pcm on a 2002 pt cruiser and a new imobilizer

Customer Question
hi i replaced pcm on...
hi i replaced pcm on a 2002 pt cruiser and a new imobilizer with new key cant program it . im using autel maxi pro can u help thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
9/12/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Jon, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, do you have the skim code for your vehicle?

i have code

Ok, here's the order it needs to be done:

STANDARD PROCEDURE - SKREEM PROGRAMMING

When a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) for a gasoline engine, or an Engine Control Module (ECM) for a diesel engine and the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM) (also known as the Wireless Control Module/WCM) on vehicles equipped with the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) are replaced at the same time, perform the following steps in order:

NOTE:If the PCM and the SKREEM are replaced at the same time, program the PCM VIN into the PCM first.

1.If applicable first replace the PCM/ECM with the original WCM still connected to the vehicle.

2.Using the appropriate service information program the new PCM/ECM. (This will ensure the Secret Key Transfer from the original WCM into the new PCM/ECM).

3.Now replace and program the WCM. This will retain the Secret Key from the PCM/ECM back into the new WCM.

4.With the scan tool, select Miscellaneous Functions, WCM/Wireless Control Module. Then select the desired procedure and follow the display on the scan tool.

5.If the vehicle is equipped with Tire Pressure Monitoring System program the Placard Pressure Values into the WCM/SKREEM.

6.Ensure all the customer's keys have been programmed into the new module if necessary.

NOTE:If the original keys do not successfully program to the new SKREEM after the proper procedures are followed correctly, programming new keys will be necessary.

PROGRAMMING THE SKREEM

The SKIS Secret Key is an ID code that is unique to each SKREEM/WCM. This code is programmed and stored in the SKREEM/WCM, the PCM/ECM, and each ignition key transponder chip. When the PCM/ECM or SKREEM/WCM is replaced, it is necessary to program the Secret Key into the new module using a diagnostic scan tool. Follow the programming steps outlined in the diagnostic scan tool for PCM REPLACED, ECM REPLACED, WCM REPLACED, or GATEWAY REPLACED under MISCELLANEOUS FUNCTIONS for the WIRELESS CONTROL MODULE/WCM menu item as appropriate.

NOTE:Programming the PCM/ECM or SKREEM is done using a diagnostic scan tool and a PIN to enter secure access mode. If three attempts are made to enter secure access mode using an incorrect PIN, secure access mode will be locked out for one hour. To exit this lockout mode, turn the ignition to the RUN position for one hour then enter the correct PIN. Be certain that all accessories are turned OFF. Also monitor the battery state and connect a battery charger if necessary.

NOTE:Before replacing the ECU for a failed driver, control circuit or ground circuit, be sure to check the related component/circuit integrity for failures not detected due to a double fault in the circuit. Most ECM driver/control circuit failures are caused by internal component failures (i.e. relay and solenoids) and shorted circuits (i.e. pull-ups, drivers and switched circuits). These failures are difficult to detect when a double fault has occurred and only one DTC has set.

ECM/SKIM/WCM PROGRAMMING

When a ECM and the SKIM are replaced at the same time perform the following steps in order:

1.Program the new SKIM

2.Program the new ECM

3.Replace all ignition keys and program them to the new SKIM.

ECM/SKIM/WCM PROGRAMMING

When an ECM (Bosch) and the SKIM are replaced at the same time perform the following steps in order:

1.Program the new SKIM

2.Program the new ECM (Bosch)

PROGRAMMING THE SKIM

CAUTION:Read all notes and cautions for programming procedures.

1.Connect a battery charger to the vehicle.

2.Connect the StarSCAN®.

CAUTION:If the ECM/PCM and SKREEM/WCM are replaced at the same time, the ECM/PCM MUST be programmed before the SKREEM/WCM.

3.Select “ECU View”.

4.Select “WCM Wireless Control Module”.

5.Select “Miscellaneous Functions”.

6.Select WCM replaced.

7.Enter the PIN when prompted.

8.Verify the correct information.

NOTE:If the ECM and the SKIM are replaced at the same time, all vehicle keys will need to be replaced and programmed to the new SKIM.

PROGRAMMING IGNITION KEYS TO THE SKREEM

Each ignition key transponder also has a unique ID code that is assigned at the time the key is manufactured. When a key is programmed into the SKREEM/WCM, the transponder ID code is learned by the module and the transponder acquires the unique Secret Key ID code from the SKREEM/WCM. To program ignition keys into the SKREEM/WCM, follow the programming steps outlined in the diagnostic scan tool for PROGRAM IGNITION KEYS OR KEY FOBS under MISCELLANEOUS FUNCTIONS for the WIRELESS CONTROL MODULE/WCM menu item.

NOTE:A maximum of eight keys can be learned to each SKREEM. Once a key is learned to a SKREEM, that key has acquired the Secret Key for that SKREEM and cannot be transferred to any other SKREEM or vehicle.

If ignition key programming is unsuccessful, the scan tool will display one of the following error messages:

1. PROGRAMMING NOT ATTEMPTED - The scan tool attempts to read the programmed key status and there are no keys programmed into SKREEM memory.
  2. PROGRAMMING KEY FAILED (POSSIBLE USED KEY FROM WRONG VEHICLE) - SKREEM is unable to program an ignition key transponder due to one of the following:
    1. The ignition key transponder is ineffective.
    2. The ignition key transponder is or has been already programmed to another vehicle.
  3. 8 KEYS ALREADY LEARNED, PROGRAMMING NOT DONE - The SKREEM transponder ID memory is full.
  4. LEARNED KEY IN IGNITION - The ID for the ignition key transponder currently in the ignition lock cylinder is already programmed into SKREEM memory.

Were you able to get them programmed?

Jon
Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician