Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/ Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

After replacing battery my 1998 Chrysler town and country

Customer Question

After replacing battery my 1998 Chrysler town and country will not start...1st it will turn over and die within 2-3 sec...now the engine won't turn over at all
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer!. This is Ed.

Your alarm set while the power was off, but you should be able to defeat it easily if you have either 1) a working remote keyless entry fob or 2) any working disarm switches on your external key lock cylinders.

Pressing the unlock button on a good key fob disarms the system as it lifts the locks. Done and done.

Door lock disarm switches are placed on each of the external locks on the van, but they do wear out, OR pop completely off the lock cylinder with door slam-use. Try any of these cylinders as you walk around the van, first locking then unlocking and rechecking to see if it's had the desired effect. The liftgate and right front door normally get less use than the driver's door, so you may have more success with them.

Let me know if you're still having problems and what your key fob situation is and we'll press on from there.

Goood luck!

Ed