Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2005 Town and Country Touring. Both of the key fobs

Customer Question
have stopped in the lock/unlock/door...
I have a 2005 Town and Country Touring. Both of the key fobs have stopped in the lock/unlock/door opening function. Both keys will open the doors manually and start the vehicle. Do I need to reprogram my key fobs?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
9/5/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Vipertech
Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician

Good evening. The issue your having is a software issue with the body control module. The correct repair is to have the BCM flashed with the newest version. In the mean time what you can do is disconnect both battery cables and hold them together for about 2 minutes and the reconnect. It's a temporary fix. The permanent fix is to have the BCM updated as I mentioned before

Here is a link to a video I made about this issue. https://youtu.be/i1UVh3mkcuU

Good morning, at this point I am not offering phone call responses due to the fact that I am currently working at my employer and cant not make calls of that type. Is there any questions you have about the information given? Do you need additional help?

Good morning. I am a bit confused. My wife took our van last night and when she got back she asked what I had done. She said the fob was working fine. All I did was print out the reprogram instructions and the temporary fix note that you sent me. I checked the spare fob and it is working now also. I have no idea what happened.

What I have seen is that only the 2005 models have this issue. The other issue that happens about the same time is that the inside door lock switches stop working as well

If you feel that the question was answered completely then please accept the answer and leave positive feedback. This way the question can be updated and I can be paid thru the website for the time spent helping you. This is the way that the experts on this site get compensated. You can still reply back at anytime on this question even after leaving the positive feedback and accepting the answer. Thanks for letting me help you.

Vipertech
Vipertech
Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician