Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2000 sebring JX convertible. I have 2 issues. The

Customer Question

I have a 2000 sebring JX convertible. I have 2 issues. The top gets stuck when trying to close and the Ac/Heating fan only run on high. Seems to be a power issue. What can I check
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I can definitely help with the AC problem; the top issue I'll see what I can come up with.

The AC problem sounds like the blower motor resistor. The resistor controls the blower fan speed with a set of diodes. When the diodes in the resistor fail, the fan won't work at any speed but high because high speed bypasses the resistors. The resistor should be available at most parts stores. I wouldn't buy one from the dealer, they will want twice as much for the part.

Here is a diagram showing how to replace the resistor:

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

As far as the convertible top goes, I can't find any reference diagrams to demonstrate it, but the first thing to try is make sure all of the tracks and hinges are lubricated with lithium grease. Personally, I like the wd-40 lithium because it doesn't run as bad. You spray it on anything in the top mechanisms that moves and it should stay put pretty well. Run the top up and down and see if it loosens up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not find the motor resistor
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean you can't find a part to purchase, or the location of the part on the car?

Let me see if I can get a better picture of the under dash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Being that it's a 2000 model there are very few diagrams available. Most of the repair manuals just describe where it is: under the passenger side of the dash behind the silencer duct. Just to the left of the blower motor. Here is a diagram from Chilton- it's not a very high quality image.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it thanks
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any trouble swapping it out.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I haven't seen a response in a few days and wanted to know if you had any more questions for me. I hope I have been helpful and would appreciate a rating on my response if I have. Thanks!