Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I'm looking wiring schematic 2002 Sebring LXi convertible

Customer Question
Hi, I'm looking for a...
Hi, I'm looking for a wiring schematic for a 2002 Sebring LXi convertible power windows. Driver side (auto) not working. Need to figure out how exactly to test.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
a list of the order of steps I need to perform would be sweet.
9/3/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician

HI, My name is ***** ***** I'll try to help with the window problem. I attached the wiring diagram for the window switch. Is the problem that you are having the auto down feature?

If it i just the driver door express down feature. It is most likley the switch. The next file posted is the continuity tests for the driver master switch.(2 pages)

The driver's side window is in the down position and it is an auto down switch.

O, wanted to make sure its just the driver window because there is another feature for the convertible that lowers all of the windows at the same time before lowering the top. Is the driver window not working in either direction?

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - WINDOW MOTOR

1. Remove door trim panel.
  2. Connect positive (+) lead from a test battery to either of the two motor terminals.
  3. Connect negative (-) lead from test battery to remaining motor terminal.
  4. The motor should now rotate in one direction to either move window up or down.
      • If window happens to already be in full UP position and motor is connected so as to move it in UP direction no movement will be observed.
      • Likewise, motor connected to move window in DOWN direction no movement will be observed if window is already in full DOWN position.
      • Reverse battery leads in Step 1 and Step 2 and window should now move. If window does not move, replace motor.
  5. If window moved completely up or down, the test leads should be reversed one more time to complete a full window travel inspection.
  6. If window does not move, check to make sure that it is free.
  7. It is necessary that the window be free to slide up and down in the glass channels. If the window is not free to move up and down, the window lift motor will not be able to move the glass.
  8. To determine if the glass is free, disconnect the regulator from the glass lift plate. Remove the two attaching screws, and slide the window up and down by hand.
Nothing happens on the driver's side window at all when operating the auto button

Ok, then it needs a window switch if it goes up and down but no auto function

There about $100.00 and are available at aftermarket part stores so you don't have to go to a dealer.

BWD - Power Window Switch

Part # *****

I hope I didn't forget to tell you that the window doesn't move at all.

Ok,just wanted to clarify what is and is not working. Since it doesn't move at all, look at the Diagnosing Window Motor Procedure that I posted earlier. If the window works with a separate battery jumped to the motor than the switch is bad. If it doesn't it needs a motor.

Okay Tom, thank you for all the knowledge you provided me along with the schematics. I'm going out there now and going to start working on it. I will let you know how I make out.
Tom, you had sent me schematic "Run-ACC A31". It's basically for the right side window. Could you send me the same schematic for the LEFT side window?

both windows are on that diagram, drivers window motor on the lower left corner. Master switch is the drivers window switch

first one I posted at 12:58pm

The Run-ACC A31 shows the left power switch on the right side of the page and the right front window motor on the bottom left of the page. Maybe I'm just missing something.
I just see the right front window motor on the bottom left. I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician