How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jon Your Own Question
Jon, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 310
Experience:  Master Chrysler Jeep Dodge technician
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Jon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser. I have 2 trouble codes.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser. I have 2 trouble codes. 1391-Sometimes, I can't see the crank or cam sensor signal. And 1297 - The MAP sensor doesn't change its reading when the engine is running! What do they mean? The car does not idle very good and is kind of jerky when its at a stop sign. Can one of these codes be effecting the idle?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.

Hi, the P1297 is no change in MAP from start to run, and the P1391 is intermittent loss of cam or crank signals. Can you tell me your map voltage on the scanner with the key on and engine off?