FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

My engine warning light and traction control light

Customer Question

My engine warning light and traction control light (skidmarks) come on at the same time. Meaning?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You see my Q
What do yiu think?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** for sending over your question. Can you tell me if the car loses power when this occurs? Is the car all stock? Was anything altered prior to this occurring or was it all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All stock
Both light come on (engine and skid marks) then skid marks go out
No loss of power right away BUT after 5/6 minutes mid range power/acceleration greatly reduced
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. This can be caused by a number of issue. It may be a failing speed sensor or a power train sensor. I would start by having the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you can have this done and bring me the codes it will help me to determine what is going on.