Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have an 07 chrysler 300c with the 5.7. it has around 120k

Customer Question

i have an 07 chrysler 300c with the 5.7. it has around 120k miles. the car has about 170k. the engine was changed. just recently it has started missing on start up for about a minute then it levels out and runs good. engine codes were p0300 and p0307.
the #7 plugs were a little wet but smelled more like oil. i changed those 2 out but havent changed the rest yet. it is still doing it. what could be the cause?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the spark plug is oil fouling and or even coolant fouling it will cause the engine to misfire. You are going to need to determine if the moisture you are finding on the spark plug is oil or coolant. If its oil then suspect either a valve stem seal is leaking or you have bad rings on this cylinder. I would start with running a compression test as well as a leak down test on this cylinder.