sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I gave a 2004 pt cruiser touring. My interior lughts and

Customer Question

I gave a 2004 pt cruiser touring. My interior lughts and back driving lights don't work, but brake and headlights do. What could the problem be and does it have anything to do with the pcm recall? Car is only worth about 1500 to 2k, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on repairs
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
PCM stands for powertrain control module, the PCM controls engine and transmission functions.
The lack of park lamps and illumination could be the multifunction switch, a connection issue at the switch, wiring, or a blown fuse. Since the multifunction switch supplies power to the lights directly with no relay the switch and connector are sometimes the subject of heat damage.
The first thing you'll want to do is check fuse 2 in the box in the dash. Is this fuse present and intact?