sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2008 town and country third row driver side want stow it

Customer Question

my 2008 town and country third row driver side want stow it want even release the back part want unfold thats my real problem just want it to unfold to seat in
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem may be electrical (a motor, wiring, the power folding module, or possibly the switch) or it could be mechanical. Most issues I've seen with these have been mechanical failures.
If the seatback will not go back to the normal position I would first suspect a locked up recliner mechanism. It wasn't uncommon for the recliner mechanisms to lock up and prevent the seatback from moving on one side.
When pressing the switch do you hear the motor attempt to move the seatback?