sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My pt is running hot.I was toled.it coast 2 to 3 thousand

Customer Question

my pt is running hot.I was toled.it coast 2 to 3 thousand dollars if it was a head gasket. i have had my car for 11 years now,and has been a good little one..I was toled yesterday it was a peace of yunk and to get rid of it I need help as to what to do thank you
thank you
sandra mcleland
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
That is upsetting to hear. What year cruiser is it?
.
Do you know for sure that it is in fact a bad head gasket?
.
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.

Do you still need help with it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am short on money I already cost me it has already cost me 25.00 dollars And I still don't know any thong
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.

It actually didn't "cost you" a penny. You may have left a deposit, or subscribed to the site and that stays in your account until the answers are rated in a positive way. I won't be able to tell you anything or be able to advise you without at least knowing what year the vehicle was produced. Still not sure what it is that you actually want to accomplish by asking.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It looks like you're wondering whether or not to repair the car or buy a new one. That will depend on your financial situation, what is actually wrong with the car and if it's worth repairing. Even if it did need an expensive engine repair and the rest of the car is in good shape then it would usually make sense to repair it.
Being multi layered steel it's not that likely that the headgasket itself has failed, if there is a combustion leak then it's more likely to be the head itself.
Was the problem actually diagnosed at a shop?