Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2002 pt cruiser 2.4 customer drove to store and came out no

Customer Question

2002 pt cruiser 2.4 customer drove to store and came out no crank. picked up with tow truck hauled to shop. sat over night and turned over and ran in the morning. shut off and no crank again wait 3-5 hours and turns over and runs?? any ideas? and there are no codes popping up
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are NO codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Another clue tat it is the PCM is the OBD2 readiness monitors will reset to a "not ready" or incomplete" status. The technician can check that wit the scan tool.
Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.
Chris