sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

A can evidently fell out of my groceries and lodged

Customer Question

Hi. A can evidently fell out of my groceries and lodged underneath the convertible compartment. When I went to lower the top, I heard a loud clunk, but the top lowered just the same. When I raised the top, again the clunk, but it raised. That was when I found the can in the trunk. Now, it will not lower. It goes up about 18 inches and just sits and hums. Also, the catch on the deck divider is bent on the left side.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the top was forced down on an object and now it attempts to lower but stops then you have a mechanical issue preventing movement. If the problem were electrical then the pump would stop, if you still hear it running then it's either low on fluid and can't move or a component is physically damaged and binding.
Are you able to upload a picture of the damage that you know is present, or is that just the plastic end of the plastic cargo divider?
Have all visible top components been inspected for physical damage?