Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My 2008 chrysler sebring will not shift out of park. this

Customer Question

my 2008 chrysler sebring will not shift out of park. this car has been fixed in the past for not shifting out of park and due to recall it was fixed free of charge. Pushing back on the pink plastic part in order to get the car shifting worked the first time I had this problem but not this time ? what are my options this time ? thank you for your input on this matter.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.

Hi, you'd have to remove the shifter and make sure the spring on the left side is hooked to the lever. The plastic hook on the lever sometimes breaks off hence the recall. The recall put a metal clip on that lever to correct that condition. Here's a picture of how it looks properly installed.