Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Have a 003 voyager van. Rotary fan speed control knob does

Customer Question
not work. Control module in...
Have a 003 voyager van. Rotary fan speed control knob does not work. Control module in dash is getting power. Ac compressor is cycling on it only acts up when its very hot
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
When the van is parked in the sun on a hot day the fan won't blow when you start the car. After it has sat over its and cooled off the fan control will work again
8/8/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a few things going on and it will most likely take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to know for sure what is wrong.
I'm assuming the blower motor simply doesn't work. If that's the case then the problem could be the blower motor itself, wiring, connections, the control head, blower motor relay, the front control module or an internal failure in the integrated power module.
The first step is determining whether you're missing power or ground at the motor. If power and ground are present then the motor itself is the issue. If you're missing ground then you have a control head, resistor or resistor wiring issue.
If it's power you're missing then it could be the IPM, FCM, blower motor relay, or wiring between the motor and IPM. The first thing you'll want to do in that case is try swapping the blower motor relay with another. Relays seldom fail but it's quick and free to swap the relay.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician