Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chryslerrunning like after egr valve replaced, cant go above

Customer Question
chrysler(###) ###-####running like crap after...
chrysler(###) ###-####running like crap after egr valve replaced, cant go above 58mph electrical warning light now on and cruise control wont work
all since egr replaced? help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
8/8/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problem is truly related to replacing the EGR valve then I suspect the EGR tube seal was damaged. The EGR tube seals to the plenum with a thick silicone seal. This seal will easily push out of place and then suck into the intake when the engine is started, or it can damaged during installation. Either way, the tube will leak and cause what you're having. The first thing I would recommend is pulling the tube back out of the plenum and see if the seal is damaged or missing.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician