sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country base model. The turn

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country base model. The turn signals and brake lights won't work, but the tail light (same bulb) work fine. Also middle top brake light still works. Another strange fact, the passenger side brake/turn signal will intermittently work. But not often. We already replaced the brake light switch and the turn signal switch but still acting the same. :( any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem could be wiring but it's more likely to be the bulbs or an internal issue in the lamp housing. The turn signals are controlled by the front control module, the brake lamps by the body control module, and separate circuits power each function. If turn signals and brake lights were both lost at the same time then it's unlikely to be a wiring issue.
Were the bulbs tested or replaced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we replaced the bulbs. And nothing works still. Both brake lights and turn signals are not working on either side now. Could both light housings go out at the same time? And for a while the one side worked intermittently but now doesn't at all. And if it was the housing would the tail light still work?
Do you have a test light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is that? To test voltage?
Correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have one. How/where should we test?
With the left turn signal on and key on does the white/dark green wire at the left rear lamp connector flash the test light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it didn't. And the wire looks a little darker than it's supposed to. We think it must be the light housing on that side? We ordered one and hope it will arrive in a few days. On the passenger side we replaced the bulb again and it seems to be working fine now. I hope this will fix all light issues. Thanks for your help!
You're welcome!