Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have a 2007 pt cruiser and am getting p0073 code I

Customer Question

I have a 2007 pt cruiser and am getting p0073 code I replaced the ambient air sensor already and still have code and car runs rough in idle and sometimes it dies but not often
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code P0073 is in most cases set due to either a failing sensor and or the connection to it. Since you have have replaced the sensor all ready and your still getting the code then I would check the signal and connection to it.
See the steps to do so are in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0073%20Aug%204.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so I need to replace connector or whole assembly and line all the clay to the pcm and could it be a failed. Pcm?
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Before you replace any thing check the signal voltage in the steps I sent you .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Post back if need be and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok no voltage at all to harness
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where on the pcm can u check voltage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I fixed the ambient sensor now I'm getting a p0303 code
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

The code P0303 indicates the computer is seeing an engine misfire on the #3 cylinder, is the engine actually misfiring?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I'm not sure it's running rough in idle but not at higher rpms and when I stop and reverse it dies out sonetimes
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

If it running rough at idle then its likely missing on the #3 cylinder, start first with checking to see if you have good spark at the spark plug from the coil and if so check the spark plug.