Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I lent my car to a friend and he took it through mud. When I

Customer Question
got it back it would...
I lent my car to a friend and he took it through mud. When I got it back it would make an odd grinding and squealing noise when it moved, and would get worse when turning. I narrowed the sound down to the front driver side tire. I washed it and paid extra attention to the pads and rotors on three occasions now, which would fix it for an hour or two, then it came nack and it's a bit worse. Any ideas what it could be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
8/3/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer. Mud and dirt probably got caught up in between the CV joint axle and hub bearing. Maybe also up and in between the rotor and backing plate. You should probably have a shop disassemble the left front caliber, rotor and then really inspect and clean it better. That should make the noise go away completely.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician