Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

All the wire testing I did was with both connectors pulled

Customer Question

All the wire testing I did was with both connectors pulled from PCM. I was trying to isolate the harness as much as possible. As far as doing the harness jiggle, that's going to be rough considering a good part of the wires are under the valve cover wire
retainer
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 2 years ago.

Yeah, that does make it a bit hard to check all wiring. Still, there should be a fair amount of the loom you can actually touch and then you can disconnect the PCM. If you still have the short to ground present after all that you'll have to pop the intake plenum off again because there are no in-line connectors between the injectors themselves and the PCM controls... no way to separate the harness, short of cutting the wire (which is colored white/ dark blue on an 18 gauge wire for the #1 injector control).