Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Chrysler Sebring: Sebring 2008. failed while lowering top.

Customer Question

Sebring 2008. failed while lowering top. Top in trunk. Trunk stuck open. Open roof button causes electric motor to operate. Roof close button does nothing.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
In order to properly repair this issue you will need to have the codes read that are in the Power Top and then run the diagnostic test to find the cause.. It could be a simple sensor or a bad motor...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think this was a great question for this service. I searched the web and found the same answer in a matter of minutes instead of waiting a day. I had car flat-bedded away.
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
I'm a dealership technician and to be honest with todays electronics it's so much easier fixing these vehicles when you can watch everything with a scantool to determine the issue.. Now if it was a no start we could statrt by testing for fuel psi and spark but in your case it's an electrical issue and a body issue as well so more-sp a scantool is needed.. But like I said it's likely bad sensor that needs to be replaced and shouldn't cost too much. Glad I could help,Brad