Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2005 Chrysler town and country van what would cause

Customer Question
the coil pack to keep...
I have a 2005 Chrysler town and country van what would cause the coil pack to keep cracking
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 2 years ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Are you using OEM or aftermarket coil packs?
aftermarket
I would try using a OEM coil pack if the aftermarket ones are cracking. Maybe due to poor manufacturing or a shorted wiring harness.. Check the wiring and if good replace with OEM coil pack..
How long after installing the coil pack does it take to crack? Any codes in the PCM? Let me know if this helps,Brad
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics