Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Can you help me with an engine coolant sensor, I tested my fan and it

Customer Question

can you help me with an engine coolant sensor, I tested my fan and it ran but doesn't run while driving. while tring to test from ecs. , I mistakenly put 12 volts thru the sensors plug. I thought I looped the wire but the ends of this speaker wire was still on the terminals...NOW- The car has power but wont turn over and the odometer statement said No BUS
Now I'm dead on land...Any Ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
Putting 12 volts to a computer line designed to be grounded or volts can be catastrophic to any module on the bus. I would suspect a PCM. Do you have a scanner? Can you communicate with PCM?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the car stopped turning over. and also at the time of trying to turn over, the spot over the odometer that tells you if your doors open and things like that ,read "NO BUS"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant start it to get codes and only have a fluke electrical meter-i'm an electrician-ironic!
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
No bus indicates that one of the modules is pulled to ground. The trick is detrmining which one. I would unplug pcm and see if no bus goes away. If it does the pcm needs to be replaced. If it doesn't start by unplugging modules easy to get to. Abs module etc. Cycle key off for 30 seconds after unplugging modules and checking no bus display
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do however have full power. all works but doesn't crank. Started overheating-hole in rad. new one in mail. and hole was quiet while fan worked... is it possible it can b the 4 large relays- the two- hi and lo fan relays and/or the starter relay. or just the 4th- called the auto shut-down. I tried swaping but if 12v could seize these fan relays, swap[ing was 4 the birds. what happens when u put volt reversed- I heard clicking as I did. could this have only damaged the large relays, these are the 4 in front of the 1999 sebring ,think jxi 2.5 v6, positive cable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm gonna go down to my car. i'm on the 6th floor away from computer in about 15 min. because I got to dig out my fluke. then please only contact me via phone. Again-***-***-****.. Thank you soooo much....!!!!!! Tom
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
Says payment failed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is their anyway to test the leads for continuity or ohms amounts while out, to see if blown? and on any of the other relays. Are You their? says your unavail. on phone but not online.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought its part of solving the problem. What r u charging me 4. my visa is good. What happened to $24.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had $49 avail. on acct. If 24+18 is your route then I cover-Any Taxes. I could have bought a monthly.. What's up? RETRY!!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PS- they held $5 last nite 4 good faith.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did they add 234 to that or 19, cause then your pushing this cards limit of 49.-HOW'S THAT!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
24 not234
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
lets just finish this online. for the orig. price-thanx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know if I told you, but the "NO BUS" only appeared that one time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there a main. also r u telling me my overall payment failed of 24 dollars...
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
All I see is paymentirely failed. The ASD relay is not normally the problem. What you need is accessible to a scanner. See what you can or can't communicate with
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant start to talk to car.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
call center will you about payment. says you or system never processed . want to know why u said payment failed....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ps= money is avail. ru saving me...
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
Start does not dictate if you can communicate. All my screen said was payment failed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they said they never got a payment request. How do you suppose I communicate. without access to a vehicle meter monitor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
should I hammer the starter...?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how expensive is a new pcm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd have 2 bike 2 autozone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
although the no bus went away, could it still be the issue. Like the main on a house, a "no bus" is similar to the pcm going bad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm still fighting this in my head. THINK -ALL from 12 volts down the coolant sensor receptacle that plugs in right behind the coolant spout of the radiator. it has two holes. Wher would the voltage go first and what would be the safty in place to stop a, as u say, catastrophe!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you find and figure the wire diagram,or ask someone, Which safty trips first. or should I say fails first....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you read this. if our call is the same as the questions without answers above, then hold the phone...answer my questions about wire routeing first! here!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if its not starting- could the large starter relay or ign. relay go from that unrouted 12 volts. should I try to jump the starter. talk to me.....
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
There should be a main fuse under hood. I doubt that has blown though. Which wire did you put 12 volts to? You said coolant temp and now you are saying by radiator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
anyone here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to do what you said by removeing the pcm 10 amp fuse wait 30 sec. reinstall and try to start, the feul variation gauge with temp and compass states "ccd". and nothing occurred. I pulled the 40 amp ignition and had 12 volts but the small 10 amp ignition fuse was showing -12 volts,mabe leads when ignition on.
I bang the starter-n/g.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
It is best to check with a test light as opposed to volt meter. Key should be on to test
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
Do not bang on starter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
jump out the starter. bus got juice and relays clicking. cant think of anything else. all fuses are good. tested with cont.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
So what you are saying is you applied voltage to the starter and now things power Up? If that is the case then you have a blown fusible link or a blown fuse