Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: I had work done on my car and

Customer Question
I had work done on...
I had work done on my car and now the idle at a red light or stop sign is very high. My car feels rough and I was hearing a sound like a helicopter flying overhead. I took it back and the mechanic said I had a bad motor mount and they replaced them and now it still vibrates when I am at a stop. They put in a new radiator, hoses, fan, thermostat and motor mounts. The reason for the repair, was the car overheated was on High and alarm went off and heat sensor went off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
7/21/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the idle is high then you either have an issue with the idle air control motor, the throttle position sensors signal voltage is hanging too high, the throttle blade isn't fully closing, or there is a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak is the most likely cause for a consistent high idle. That may also be the noise you're hearing. What would often happen on these is sections of the intake gasket would suck out between the intake and head. This will cause misfires, it can cause a high idle and could possibly cause the noise you're hearing.Is the engine light coming on?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician