sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Breeze: I have a 1999 Plymouth Breeze and the horn

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Plymouth Breeze and the horn doesn't work, the Air Bag light is on and the cruise control doesn't work. Any thoughts on what could have caused this? We had it in for repairs last fall and noticed the horn and air bag so originally thought the disconnected to ensure the bags don't deploy during repair.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problems all started at the same time then the problem involves the clockspring in the steering column. The clockspring is in the top of the column and is what makes electrical contact between the wheel and column yet allows the steering wheel to turn.
It's possible that the clockspring was left unplugged if something was done in the steering column. If no work was done in the column then odds are the clockspring has failed and will need to be replaced. Inside the clockspring is a thin plastic tape with fine embedded wires and it isn't uncommon for them to fail and cause a loss of any combination of electrical functions on the steering wheel.