Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Chrysler 300 Touring: My 2005 Chrysler 300 3.5 the throttle

Customer Question

My 2005 Chrysler 300 3.5 the throttle control light comes on and the car start to run ruff.restard and it is good for about ten minutes and it comes on again need help.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
When the throttle control light come on the computer should set and store a fault code and in order to determine what is failing the first thing you need to do is to have the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most part stores such as AutoZone will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the fault codes I can direct you in the correct repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately in the state of California, I found out that they do not offer that service.
Sorry this has taken in a few days. Your help is greatly appreciated
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Okay then if you can not get the codes there is something you can try , remove the negative battery cable and then take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body a good cleaning, after doing so, reconnect the cable and start the engine and allow it to idle for a few minutes to allow the PCM (computer) to relearn the closed throttle values and see if this will resolve the problem.