Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler 300 Touring: 2009 Chrysler 300 14k miles - esp picture

Customer Question

2009 Chrysler 300 14k miles - esp picture abs esp/bas are light up on the screen,.... also noticed that the cruise control stopped working,..... the lights at some times are off/blank,... but come on later while driving,.... ??????????? cruise seems to do the same. Looked at integrated power module,.... reseated the 30amp pink and the 50amp red,..... no change
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  DBAutomotive replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Dan.I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hopefully I will be able to shed some light on this matter. The ESP/ABS messages that are displayed are warning lights for your traction control system. ESP - Electronic Stability Program - Controls how the brakes are pulsed in accelerating/decelerating situations where the tires slip, controls cruise control function. It monitors several sensors to make these quick minute changes to help the car ride secure and more safely. ABS - Anti-lock Brake System - is a subsystem in the ESP and it focuses on controlled stops in wheel slip scenarios to help keep or reduce the vehicle from sliding or skidding out of control.The warning lights going on and off is more and more common now a days with so many electrical sensors on vehicles. The sensors can fail sporadically or intermittently causing the light to be on sometimes instead of constant. The lights coming on show that there is an error in the ESP/ABS system that was severe enough to disable to system because it was missing a necessary sensor input. Later when the vehicle is restarted it does a start up check and the system functions normally until the failure reoccurs.Luckily even with the lights going out there should still be fault codes in the ESP module pointing to an area or particular sensor that has caused the error. The steering angle sensor, wheel speed sensors, brake light switch, acceleration sensors and one or several modules that all work together to perform the ESP functions.It is necessary to have the codes read in the ESP modules so that you know where to start looking/diagnosing the warning lights. After the codes are read and an inspection is done the technician can start narrowing down tests to perform.Let me know if there is more I can explain or assist you with.