Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Town & Country Limited: replaced the egr and still…

Customer Question
replaced the egr and still...
replaced the egr and still have code P0406 after resetting
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
7/9/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
P0404 is for the EGR position sensor performance and the valve would take care of that. P0406 sets when the position sensor's signal voltage is high, which could be a wiring or connection issue as well as the sensor.
Have connections been checked?
Has the position sensor signal wire pullup voltage and the sensor ground at the valve been tested?
Are you able to plug the old valve back in, clear the code, start the engine and see if the P0406 returns? You may have gotten a bad replacement part.