sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country: I have a 2005 t @ C van. It has

Customer Question

I have a 2005 t @ C van. It has some kind of security system that won't let you start it until you press the unlock button on the key. It beeps twice then you can start. Today it doesn't beep twice and it won't turn over.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Assuming the problem is actually with the aftermarket alarm, you either have a failed module, a failed fob, a dead fob battery, or a wiring issue with the alarm.
The first thing that should be done is test the fob battery and then the fob if necessary. The battery can be tested with a voltmeter, most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will test fob output if you find the battery is good.
Have you tried another fob or had this one tested?