sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Help please!!! my pt crusier keeps losing power. the engine

Customer Question

help please!!! my pt crusier keeps losing power. the engine light will come on , and I have very little power. my foot will be on the gas pedal, and it will go only 10km then it will pick up speed. sometimes it will go 40km. at red lights it shakes, I put it in neutral, till the light turns green, its very slow. I have taken it to the garage at least 5 times. they have done the timing belt, spark plugs , cam sensors, new computer board, I cant afford to keep going back and still have the same problem. I use the car basically to get groceries. it stalled once and was very scary as I was turning into traffic. it seems like the car can go a very short distance, like a mile to the grocery store, then on the way home it acts up. sometimes it acts up on the way there.
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the ignition coil was also replaced
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have quite a few things going on. You may have a coil or injector circuit issue, the crank sensor may be failing, you could have a MAP or upstream oxygen sensor issue, or low fuel pressure. I've seen valve sealing issues cause misfires on these but that wouldn't be intermittent like you're having.
Do you know what fault codes are setting?