How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris Your Own Question
Chris, Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 13567
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Chris is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Chrysler Pacifica Touring: my 2007 pacifica is stuck in park,

Customer Question

my 2007 pacifica is stuck in park, the pink thing releases nothing. I assume its broken and needs replacement however, I need to get the car to move and somehow override it for a few days so that I can get it to the dealer on Monday when they reopen, since its a holiday I cannot even get the part. How to I override this cheap piece of plastic and get my car to move for the 2 days?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! You will need to remove the center console to gain access to the shifter mechanism. Then you can try to override the mechanism or disconnect the shift cable and manually move the cable. I will send you the procedure for removing the console.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure. I hope this helps you out! Happy 4th!

Related Chrysler Questions