sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Sebring: I hope so. I have a 2006 Chrysler Sebring

Customer Question

I hope so. I have a 2006 Chrysler Sebring and recently my car just off while I drove it. I have a mechanic look at it and he told me it was my alternator so I replaced that. drove it one day it was good and then it sat for about 3days and just drove it yesterday. while I was driving my car shut off. it didn't stall out but just completely shut off while I was driving, I tried to start it and nothing happens. my lights and radio turn but that's it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the engine is dying and then will not crank yet all other electrical items work correctly then odds are your powertrain control module is going down. The PCM is the module that controls all engine functions.
The first thing that will need to be done is confirm the PCM is down. If it's down it won't communicate with a scan tool and the fuel pump won't run when the key is turned on.
If the PCM is down and fuses are good the problem could be an internal PCM failure or a loss of power or ground due to a wiring or connection issue. An internal failure would be most likely but the powers and grounds should be tested before condemning it.