Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Plymouth Voyager: I gave a 96 Plymouth voyager and it's

Customer Question

Hi I gave a 96 Plymouth voyager and it's having a squeaky noise. NOT only that it's shaking when I drive it on low mph
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Is the check engine light on? Does it run good other then the vibration? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the check engine light is not on...It runs ok bt when u exit to the freeway it shakes very bad nd I step on the gas to speed it up it seems like it is hard for the vehicle to move and thats when the needle kept jumping to go to the overheat side.I changed the tires to see if that helps bt no
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
So vehicle appears to be overheating?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know yet?Bt these are the things I am experience while driving the vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does overheating has anything to do with the squeaky noise? ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And vibration plse?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Does vehicle seem to be leaking coolant when it overheats? Does it vibrate when cold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
No to both questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes plse
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Does it overheat while going down the highway or only during low speeds? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it's hasn't overheat yet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does the squeaky noise has something to do with the alternator plse
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you have a few different issues going on which isn't making problem very clear. I would start by removing belt to see if that stops noise. You can also spray belt with water while running, if that stops noise then belt itself is the problem. This still wouldn't explain why the coolant temp gauge spiked, that would point toward a problem with the coolant temp sensor if it didn't actually overheat. If it runs good but vibrates that would sounds like the engine mounts. It is pretty hard to say exactly everything that is going on based on the description and number of problems. It doesn't sound like anything too serious but probably something you would want to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else at all I can do to help. Thanks.