Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Chrysler Touring CRD: my alarm on my pt cruiser goes off

Customer Question

Hi my alarm on my pt cruiser goes off at 12.10am odd nights sometimes 12.30am for no reason no pattern any ideas
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
This problem you have is normally due to a bad door locking actuator,or even the bonnet switch is common to cause the alarm to set off ..
If you could get the use of a dealer level scan tool you could see in live data
which door or bonnet switch is bad ..
When all doors are closed and the instrument panel "door ajar" light is on then one of the door actuator locks are bad, if off then the trunk or bonnet switch could be the problem .
The scan tool will also collect any relevant malfunction codes to help you with this issue ..
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
If you have any further question with this alarm issue then please let me know .
Don't want you waking up the neighbors at odd hrs of the night .
Rgds Greg