Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler 300 C SRT8: The red battery icon on my 2008 300 lit

Customer Question

The red battery icon on my 2008 300 lit up a few days ago. When I restarted it a few minutes later, it went out but came back on 5-10 minutes later. The next time I tried to restart, the battery was drained. I charged the battery, put a new battery (under warranty) in it and now there is no response. Is this a wiring problem or the alternator?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! Sounds like the alternator has failed. That explains the battery light and the drained battery. Your next step will be to have the alternator tested and replaced if necessary. If you have the tools, you could remove it and ask the guys at the auto parts store to test it for you. Most stores will do this for free.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply and/or if you still need help. Let me know. If you do not need any more assistance, then would you kindly rate my service? I would appreciate it. I do not get any credit unless you rate me in a positive way. If you need further help after rating me, not to worry I will still continue to help and you will not be charged any extra. Thank you in advance!!
Chris