Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Town and country: Changed fuel pump, filter, injectors,

Customer Question
Changed fuel pump, filter, injectors...
Changed fuel pump, filter, injectors, and plugs. Now it seems to not be getting fuel after a mile of driving. What else could it be? Any ideas? 1994 town and country awd 3.8 liter
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/25/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would start with installing a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel system and monitor the fuel pressure on the new pump when the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure on a properly working fuel pump needs to be right at 46 to 50 PSI, anything less then 46 would indicate the new pump is defective. Check this for me and post back and we can work from there if need be.
I have done that. Pressure is at 40 psi
Okay then with 40 PSI you should not be running out of fuel, has the computer been checked for fault codes and if so are they any?
It has not yet. But check engine light is on now. Wasn't before these changes.
Okay lets get the computer scanned and that should give us some idea what is failing, post back with any and all fault codes and I will advise from there.
It is pulling code 24.
The code 24 indicates you have a problem with the TP (throttle postions ) sensor.
I have changed that. Seems to run better. Thanks a ton.
Your very welcome and thank you as well.Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.
Thank you again.