Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Pacifica Touring: The other day I was driving and…

Customer Question
The other day I was...
The other day I was driving and the car dinged. Both the traction control signal and oil signal came on. I then lost all power to the vehicle and was forced to coast with no power steering until the vehicle stopped (neither the gas pedal or brake pedal worked) When the tow truck came an hour later, car would not start. The dealer could not find an error message or specific problem and by the following day, the car seemed fully operational. This is a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica touring edition.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/23/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
These lights coming on will occur when the engine shuts down.This also makes the brake pedal very hard to push when it stalls out.
I suspect this is an issue with the crank position sensor or electronic ignition switch cutting out as these can be common components needing replaced when they fail.
The only way to be sure is to have the vehicle tested when it is acting up.
Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete