Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler sebring conv.: have sebring 03 cov. flex fuel. 2.7…

Customer Question
have sebring 03 cov. flex...
have sebring 03 cov. flex fuel. 2.7 L.. had a lot of problems with it. Took care of them all..Car starts very well when cold , but when it reaches running temp. it just dies. I get spark, I checked and tested fuel, 58 psi. and does not drop even when it dies. Cant check fuel regulator its inside tank. I just finished testing the ect, good voltage and ohm reading.The crank hasnt been tested or the cam sensor yet.. is this the route i should go....?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/23/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you fuel pressure is holding at 58 PSI then there is not likely anything wrong with the regulator.
If the engine is stalling while at idle and or while stopping then I would have a look at the IAC (idle air control) valve. Start with removing it and giving it a good cleaning as well as the throttle body . After you have done this, remove both battery cables and touch them together to clear the PCM (computer) and then start the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the PCM to re-learn the idle strategy. Give this a try and see if it will solve the problem.