Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Sebring JX (Convertible): My 2008 sebring crysler…

Customer Question
My 2008 sebring crysler convertible...
My 2008 sebring crysler convertible top won't open all the way. This never happened before
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/23/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The convertible top system uses micro switches/sensors that send position signals to the computers on what position it is in.If one or more of these sensors fails to send the correct signal this will cause this issue here.The fault codes need checked as well as the position signals checked with a scan tool to locate if and which is at fault then normally the affected switch is replaced from there.
Thanks Pete