sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler LX: , my 2001 T & C would not start last night after

Customer Question

Hi, my 2001 T & C would not start last night after shutting it off. Engine just turned over and didn't sound it was even trying. This morning it did start but is running a little rough at idle. We are out of town for Dr appointments for my 6 year old son. There is between 1/2 and 1/4 tank of gas. I'm thinking maybe moisture in the fuel. Got gas yesterday at a station where we always get gas with no previous issues. We're 200 miles from home. ugg. Thinking some injector clearner/dry gas additive?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's very possible that you picked up some fuel with water in it. If you're in an area that's getting extreme amounts of rain like the midwest is that makes it more likely to be a water issue, leaking tanks at gas stations are usually found during periods of large amounts of rain.

You may have also lost spark due to a failing cam or crank sensor, ASD relay ow wiring issue, or it's possible that the fuel pump is failing.

The first thing I would recommend is checking for fault codes. If no codes are setting then I would recommend taking a fuel sample.