Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler: My 2004 Chrysler Crossfire started up fine today…

Customer Question
My 2004 Chrysler Crossfire started...
My 2004 Chrysler Crossfire started up fine today but after I parked it for a couple hrs and got back in it, I tried to crank it and it won't crank. Electronics all work and I have tried to jump the car. Not sure what it could be
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/21/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that can prevent the starter from engaging.It could be the ignition switch, key, the module that communicates with and validates the key, it could be the transmission range sensor, wiring, the starter, or the engine controller may not be awake.
Do you hear the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on?
Do you hear a click from the engine compartment when turning the key to the crank position?
Yes, I believe I hear the fuel pump when the key is turned on.
I do not hear a click from the engine compartment when turning the key to the crank position
Are you able to check for communication with the engine controller using a scan tool or code reader?
I don't have any tools like that
It will take some electrical testing to determine what is causing the problem.
Have fuses been checked?
No, the fuses haven't been checked. Could a fuse cause it? If so, which fuse?
I would recommend at least visually checking all fuses.